Monday, October 28, 2013

Dear Diana, Lee and Friederike:

This is hopefully going to be the first of regular Monday morning blog posts. I'm glad we have this coming Friday morning set for another writing session at Honnold Library. Here are my goals for this week:
1) To reread by book project's introduction outline and the first draft based on that outline
2) To review the book prospectus
3) To start writing and/or rewriting portions of Chapter One

When we meet on Friday, I'd like to give you a copy of the prospectus and then start to work. Rather than working with the introduction, I'm going to begin with the first chapter on costumbrismo, pulling together the published article with the various presentations I've given over the last couple of years. That is less a writing exercise than an organizational one, but I think it is a necessary first step.

My goals for this week (beyond the plans for Friday) include:

1) Working for 60 minutes on Wednesday morning on the book (from 8-9am)
2) Working for 30 minutes on Thursday morning on the book (from 8:30-9am)

My goals are focused on devoting specific amounts of time to the project rather than completing a specific portion, since I am at a stage in which I really have to refamiliarize myself with what has been done to this point. I consider the next two months to be preparatory work for when I will have much more time.

By mid December I want to be able to post a semester plan, a goal that is included in the "Weekly Challenge." We'll see whether I'm able to realize that goal, but right now it seems quite do-able (the plan at least!).

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment